Warehouse Operations Manager – Altona
Position Description: We are looking for an engaging, confident Warehouse Operations Manager to join the Seaway team and manage the day to day functions of our bustling Altona North warehouse & distribution facility.
You will be responsible for leading the warehouse operations team in an efficient and effective manner while ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
This position requires at least 5 years’ experience in warehouse operations management in addition to at least 5 years’ experience in leading and managing a mix of full-time and casual workers.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure & promote a safe working environment at all times and adhere to all OH&S procedures and guidelines
- Manage the day to day warehouse operations of Seaway’s Altona North facility including but not limited to container pack/unpacks and trailer loads
- Strictly adhere to Customs and Quarantine guidelines
- Ensure all required paperwork and administration is completed accurately and on time
- Assign & distribute tasks to direct reports
- Develop SOPs
- Conduct required performance management and manage annual leave & absenteeism
- Management & maintenance of Seaway equipment and site facilities
- Customer Service & client meetings
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Our successful candidate will possess the following skills & attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ warehouse operations experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role with direct reports
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Current Forklift Licence
- Safety Focused
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Autonomous and proactive in nature
How can you stand out?
Additional skills & experience that will be highly regarded are:
- Dangerous Goods experience / licence
- Experience with Cargowise
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Completed COR training
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply now by emailing your application to email@example.com
All applications must include a resume and cover letter.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. If you do not hear from us within this time, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment medical, drug screening and police check.