Wakefield Transport Group (WTG) is a family business established in 1917 and is today a market leader in providing logistics services to the Sunraysia region focusing on international business along with domestic transport.
WTG’s facilities include the major intermodal terminal and containerised rail siding in the Sunraysia region (located in Merbein, Victoria). The facility is serviced by three trains per week direct to/from the Port of Melbourne. Within the terminal confines, WTG provides packing services for products such as wine, citrus, grapes, mineral sands and other general cargo. WTG also houses the largest cool-room facilities in the area, a containerised grain packing facility and provides the depot and changeover point for our trucking services on a regional and national basis.
In 2007, a partnership between WTG and Seaway was formed providing the Sunraysia region with an entire supply chain service which is foremost in terms of both expertise and service. WTG’s positioning as a solid, knowledgeable and reliable leader in domestic logistics is underpinned by Seaway’s expertise in international shipping and documentation ensuring a seamless logistics solution and service offering. This partnership was further developed in 2009 when Seaway became shareholders in WTG.
WTG’s key service offerings include:
- Intermodal terminal which is the hub of exports and imports in Sunraysia
- Rail transport:- operating three trains per week with direct connections into the Port of Melbourne container/shipping terminals
- Daily road transport services (B-Double tautliner and container skel) to Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney
- Bulk grain container packing facility for export
- On-site empty container park
- Flexitanks and ISO Tanks
- Bulk wine tanker transport
- Cool-room and dry warehousing
- AQIS inspections conducted by our accredited staff
- Used container sales
- Sea-freight bookings and documentation
- Mining industry – logistics project management and heavy haulage