ABOUT THIS POLICY
- Seaway is an Australian based provider of shipping, logistics, freight forwarding (local and international), warehousing and rail and transport services. We are committed to protecting your privacy and understand the importance of protecting your personal information. This Policy outlines the types of personal information that we usually collect, the purposes for which we collect it, to whom we disclose it, how we hold and keep it secure and your rights in relation to your personal information, including how to complain in relation to our use of such information and how we deal with complaints.
- We will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation.
- In this Policy, personal information means any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not. It does not include information that is de-identified (anonymous data). Sensitive information is a subset of personal information which is afforded a higher degree of protection and includes health information and information about race, religious beliefs and criminal record.
- This Policy does not apply to personal information in employee records held by Australian Seaway entities in their capacity as current or former employers.
- We may update this Policy from time to time and the most up to date version will be published on our website at www.seaway.com.au
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Seaway collects a range of personal information from our customer contacts, service providers, contractors, consultants and job applicants. The types of personal information we collect depends on your dealings with us and includes:
- name, address, email address and phone number, the name of the organisation you work for and your professional title;
- your log in details for Seaway’s Customer website portal; and
- your interests and preferences.
- If you are applying for a job with us, we may also collect your:
- employment history and qualifications;
- academic records;
- medical information;
- personal alternative contact details;
- superannuation fund details; and
- criminal history record.
DEALING WITH US ANONYMOUSLY OR USING A PSEUDONYM
- Where possible and lawful, you may interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact us with a general question we will not record your name unless we need it to adequately handle your question.
- However, for many of our functions and activities we usually need your name, contact information and other details to enable us to provide our services to you and comply with our obligations.
WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We generally collect personal information from you directly when you interact with us (eg from our discussions with you, your emails and your interaction with our website, or generally during the course of our contractual relationship), or through third parties with whom we interact, in order to provide our services. If you apply for a job or contract position with us, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, including:
- government departments to verify your entitlement to work in Australia;
- police agencies to obtain your criminal history record;
- academic institutions;
- consulting medical practitioner;
- superannuation fund provider;
- your current or previous employers; or
- your referees.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM OUR WEBSITE
- When you visit our website, we may also use ‘cookies’, captured by Google Analytics or other similar tracking technologies that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do, our website may not work for you as intended.
- We also use Google Analytics to count users who have visited certain pages on our website. Google Analytics is not used by us to access your personal information, but simply to analyse which web pages are viewed, in an aggregate number.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your personal information to:
- provide our services;
- obtain feedback;
- communicate with you in various ways;
- manage and conduct our business;
- add to your employment records;
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements and rights with third parties; and
- consider job applications and placement opportunities.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING OVERSEAS
- In the course of conducting our business and in providing our services to you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- members of the Seaway group of companies which are located in Australia, New Zealand and China;
- third parties in order to provide our services, for example port authorities, customs, brokers or stevedores as part of consignment execution and overseas agents and overseas contractors, as part of the consignment process;
- organisations we contract to provide services on our behalf such as [suppliers of software, superannuation fund providers and debt collectors;
- anyone to whom part of all of our assets or businesses are transferred or sold and
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or other entities, agencies or individuals as required, authorised or permitted by applicable law.
- We may use your personal information to identify services that you may be interested in or to contact you about special events. We may, with your consent, use your personal information to contact you from time to time by telephone or email to tell you about services or offers that we believe may be of interest to you. Please let us know at any time if you do not wish us to contact you with direct marketing by contacting us on the contact details below.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
- We store your personal information in hard copy and electronically. We take all reasonable and appropriate steps (including organisational and technological measures) to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable laws. If we no longer need to hold your personal information for any reason or we are no longer required by law to keep it, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy that information. These steps may vary depending on the nature of the information, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from you is up to date, accurate and complete. You may request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- We will need to verify your identity and, subject to any applicable exceptions or requirements, we will provide you with access the personal information you request within reasonable time and usually within 28 days. If we decide to refuse your request we will tell you why in writing and how to complain.
- If you have any concerns about how we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint in writing to us using the contact details set out below. We will need to verify your identity and may need to request more information from you. We will respond to you within a reasonable period of time to acknowledge your complaint and inform you of the next steps we will take in dealing with your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may complain:
If you have a question or comment regarding this Policy or wish to make a complaint or exercise your privacy rights, please contact us using the following contact details:
Human Resources Manager
Seaway Holdings Pty Ltd
Level 8, IBM Tower
60 City Road
Southbank VIC 3006
Phone: (03) 9014 8100
Dated: March 2019