SEAWAY have an invaluable opportunity in our Import Sea & Air team.
Based at our Melbourne Airport office, this is a newly created position resulting from exciting new business growth in the Import Sea & Air division, making it an exceptionally advantageous time to join SEAWAY!
This role will give you the autonomy to perform a wide range of tasks within the requirements of import customer service and allow you to further diversify your skills. So if you’re looking for a new challenge please read on…
SEAWAY is not just your average freight forwarder. Proudly Australian-owned we specialise in all areas of supply chain management including Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road/Rail Transport, Dry/Cold Warehousing and all forms of cargo. In addition, we are the Australian agents for first class principals Höegh Autoliners, Marfret & TS Lines.
SEAWAY is a progressive business with a friendly, energetic team and culture across our offices in Australia, New Zealand & China. We are focused on providing pathways for success for our 350+ team members through active management and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, supportive and professional organisation.
Joining the SEAWAY team will provide you:
- A Friendly & Inclusive Culture
- Collaborative and welcoming team environment
- Comfortable office at Melbourne Airport with regular morning teas
- Free onsite parking
- Internal Opportunities within the SEAWAY Group
- Ongoing professional learning and development with personalised Career Development Plans
- Act as primary day-to-day point of contact for your designated portfolio of clients
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with all clients and effectively use available resources to identify new opportunities
- Ensure orders are managed efficiently and in line with procedures
- Work closely with Key Client Managers to ensure all client requirements are met and participate in commercial decisions
- Check rates, and process bookings & required documentation in a timely manner
- Prepare quotations and ensure all relevant information is updated in CargoWise and other required systems
- Invoicing and general administration & reporting
- Ensure data integrity is maintained within systems
- Lead by example and provide consistent, professional customer service in all interactions with stakeholders
- Manage high volume of phone calls and emails
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Freight Forwarding Experience (at least 2-3 years)
- Intermediate knowledge of CargoWise One (essential)
- Adaptable and proactive in identifying creative solutions to problems
- Passion for processes and able to identify efficiencies
- Collaborative team player
- Professional, confident communication
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Innovative thinker who embraces change
- Ability to self-motivate as required
This is a full-time position with standard office hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Seaway Group of Companies is committed to providing a safe workplace for all team members and as such, it is a requirement that all Seaway staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical exemption. In line with this, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of at least your first COVID-19 vaccination and supply 100 Points of ID.
Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to supply 100 Points of ID.
Only Australian/NZ citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this position.
No Agencies please.