SEAWAY are currently seeking a full time Customs Broker located in Brisbane, however for the right candidate the opportunity exists in Sydney or Melbourne. This permanent full-time role offers great career prospects within an Australian owned Logistics & Shipping Agency.
Reporting to the National Customs Manager, the primary focus of the role is to assist our clients and manage lodgment of Customs/DAWR clearances. You will work directly with customers, overseas offices, and the Australian Customs department to file entries on imported freight, ensuring the timely coordination of cargo, and perform accurate reporting and billing. The role includes preparation of customs documentation and ensures that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods.
If you’re a licenced broker, ready to take on your next challenge in a rapidly growing business, then please read on…
What will your average day look like?
- Assess documents provided for clearance for completeness and compliance with all necessary ABF, AWE or other authority requirements.
- Preparation/Review/lodgment and post lodgment management of Customs/DAWR clearances
- Interact with ABF and AWE through various internal, external and web based platforms in completing clearance formalites.
- Assist clients and staff with enquiries and appraisals, including requesting or compiling necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, quarantine required documents and cargo-control documents.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders of duties/taxes payable to ABF/ATO on imported goods.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders of other regulations or documentary requirements of any regulatory authority needed to enable clearances.
- Work closely with ABF and AWE, be fully aware of and upholding regulations and requirements
- Professional provision of customer service whilst resolving specific and technical queries for both clients and fellow brokers.
- Internal liaison with SEAWAY departments
- Ability to be hands on with compiling and classification when required.
- Quoting and invoicing
- Data entry and filing
- Strong customs knowledge – you must be an experienced Australian licensed Customs Broker with at least 1 year experience
- Must hold and maintain Customs Brokers Licence and CPDs
- Hold and maintain DAWR Broker accreditation in 19.1 & 19.2
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of trade requirements, customs & tariff regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and work with autonomy and as part of a team
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent English language communication skills – both written and verbal
- This is a permanent, full-time role.
- Our standard office hours are 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- On the job training and opportunities for upskilling provided
- Great opportunity to become a pivotal influence in the continued growth and success of the business
- Perfect role for someone who enjoys being accountable and having autonomy in their day-to-day execution of tasks
Why join SEAWAY?
As well as being part of a reputable and well operated business, you will be offered a competitive salary. Other benefits include:
- Permanent, full-time opportunity with an essential service provider
- Personal Career Development Plan and Pathways within the SEAWAY Group
- A healthy work culture
- Friendly, supportive team & working culture
How to apply
All applications must include a resume and cover letter, telling us why you’re the best fit for this position, and can be sent to email@example.com
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
No Agencies please.
The Seaway Group of Companies is committed to providing a safe workplace for all team members and as such, it is a requirement that all Seaway staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical exemption. In line with this, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of at least your first COVID-19 vaccination as well as successfully complete the following pre-employment checks: Police Check