SEAWAY are looking for a talented export documentation specialist to join our dynamic Export Seafreight team in Southbank.
Reporting directly to our Head of Export Seafreight, this is a newly created role that will suit an experienced leader with expert knowledge of shipping documentation and operations looking for their next challenge.
Our ideal candidate will be a compelling relationship builder and deadline driven multitasker with an ability to identify new efficiencies to support the operational goals of the Export Seafreight business unit.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the performance and career development of direct reports
- Ensure team members are appropriately trained and conduct training where required
- Work with Operations Manager and Supervisors to ensure tasks are delegated amongst the team
- End to end documentation management
- Customer relationship management
- Ensure data integrity is maintained in all systems and key deadlines are met
- Invoicing and Reporting
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in export seafreight operations
- Experience in a leadership or management role, or demonstrated leadership capabilities
- In depth knowledge of CargoWise One
- Strategic thinker and effective decision maker
- Ability to excel in high pressure situations
- Flexible attitude and excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
How can you stand out?
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification and/or Qualification in Management or Leadership
- Experience overseeing teams in decentralised locations
- 5 years staff management experience
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Opportunity to join an Australian-owned Shipping Agency & Logistics Company
- Comfortable, modern offices just a few minutes’ walk from Flinders Street station
- Access to building’s onsite staff End of Trip facilities
- Professional Development & Training
- Regular team morning teas
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to email@example.com.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
No Agencies please.