- Altona based
- Attractive salary package
SEAWAY is seeking to hire an exceptionally talented General Manager to coordinate and manage the operations of the Altona and Mildura facilities within the SEAWAY Intermodal business unit to achieve strategic business, financial and quality objectives.
Based out of our Altona North facility, this role will require frequent travel to our Mildura facility and other locations as required. Your expertise will span across our warehouse and transport divisions as well as the broader aspects of Seaway’s air, land and sea international shipping capabilities.
Utilising your experience in all aspects of supply chain and business management you will be accountable for executing the commercial strategy and overall success of our Intermodal operations.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive and assertive leader with proven ability to analyse trends, data and reports to deliver practical, hands-on solutions and efficiencies. We will be looking for candidates with a broad industry network, experience in managing diverse teams and ability to drive a strong safety culture.
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsibility for the commercial and operational success of the Altona and Mildura facilities within our Intermodal business unit
- Development and management of your business plan
- Financial management – reporting, cost management and budget control
- Business growth & development – selling of all SEAWAY products including warehousing, transport, seafreight & airfreight
- Development and maintenance of relationships with key stakeholders
- Promotion and support of a strong safety culture across all sites
- Management of the performance and career development of direct & indirect reports
- Key account management
- Reporting and administration
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a business management role within the supply chain industry
- Ability to travel to Mildura at least monthly
- Experience in managing diverse teams
- Experience driving continuous improvement and executing results in a dynamic environment
- Strong new business development skills and a high degree of commercial acumen
- High level of safety awareness
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant degree level qualification
- Demonstrated success in generating revenue or business growth
- Excellent negotiation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-motivate
- Proficient use of technology with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Passion for the shipping & logistics industry
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation and CoR
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Please note as part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to participate in a 100-point ID and police check.