Kick-start your career in a practical, hands-on role! Based out of our Head Office in Southbank, SEAWAY is offering an invaluable entry-level opportunity for candidates seeking to establish a career in the freight forwarding industry.
SEAWAY is looking for multiple Junior Export Seafreight Operations staff to support our Export Operations and Sales teams. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for shipping and are seeking to forge a career within the Logistics industry. This opportunity will suit those who are motivated, have the ability to work autonomously and use their initiative to problem solve.
Basic responsibilities of this role will include:
- End to end management of export documentation
- Coordination of the entire booking process for designated clients
- Database management and administration
- Management of regular telephone enquiries and high volume of emails
- Customer liaison
- Back-up support to other operators
Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Confident email and phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously
- Knowledge of CargoWise will be advantageous but not essential
- A passion for Supply Chain and Logistics is a must!
- Degree level qualification in International Trade or Supply Chain subjects are preferred but not essential.
- We make investments in our people, clients, and communities, so we can grow together through professional development & training
- Permanent opportunity with an essential service provider
- We have an unparalleled focus on inclusion, with a diverse team of visionaries, thinkers and doers. We embrace all perspectives, in a friendly, supportive team & working culture
- Internal Opportunities within Seaway
- Personal Career Development Plan and Pathways within the SEAWAY Group
- Access to building’s onsite staff End of Trip facilities
- Convenient location in our modern offices, just a short walk from Flinders Street station
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be submitted through the ‘Apply Now’ button via Seek.
Please note: The Seaway Group of Companies is committed to providing a safe workplace for all team members and as such, it is a requirement that all SEAWAY staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical exemption. In line with this, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of their triple COVID-19 vaccination.
Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. The successful candidate will be required to participate in a 100 Point ID Check.
No Agencies please.