We are seeking a Logistics Operator to provide both exceptional customer service in a well-established and high performing team, along with comprehensive end to end service on air/sea and import/export shipments for our Project, Mining & Construction clients.
The successful applicant will possess at least two years’ experience in Seafreight operations, be highly motivated, and have a thorough understanding of Cargowise One.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to further develop their career in logistics as you will have the rare opportunity to work with a variety of large construction and project cargo with unique transport requirements. Located at our Brisbane Airport office, you will be joining a small, collaborative team bursting with expert knowledge of the industry which will provide hands-on opportunities to learn from the best!
The role on offer is a permanent, full-time position with standard office hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all import and export shipments are being processed in an efficient and timely manner
- Data entry including but not limited to entering orders and updating systems
- Ensure relevant documentation is processed accurately and within required timeframes
- Ensure jobs and related charges and fees are correct
- Maintain a high level of customer service in all dealing with clients
- Provide solutions to clients’ problems as they arise
- Ensure all email and telephone enquiries are actioned within acceptable timeframes
- Process invoices in line with KPIs
- Where requested, attend cargo inspections, supervise loading and/or discharging cargoes locally
- Collaborate with internal teams and provide back up to team members where required
If you possess a combination of the following attributes, we’d love to hear from you!
- At least 2 years’ experience in an export operations position
- Experience in job registrations, handling bookings and invoicing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in use of Cargowise One
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Quick and eager learner
- Passion for project and mining/construction cargo will be highly regarded!
- Permanent opportunity with an essential service provider
- Professional Development & Training
- Internal Opportunities within the SEAWAY Group
- Friendly and inclusive work environment
- Australian-owned Shipping Agency & Logistics Company
- Free, onsite parking
We are offering a competitive salary and are looking for this person to start as quickly as possible. If you are interested in this role, don’t hesitate and submit an application today!
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to supply 100 Points of ID.
No Agencies please.