SEAWAY have an exciting role for an Import / Export Operations Officer to work directly alongside one of our Principals – Höegh Autoliners. Located in the heart of Auckland CBD, this is a unique opportunity to diversify your shipping & logistics experience with Australia’s largest liner shipping agency.
As an Import / Export Operations Officer you will be an integral part of the Agencies division and will work closely with our NZ National Manager, to ensure that all related customer service processes are fulfilled, ensuring Customer, Principal and Agency satisfaction.
If you’re seeking to use your existing industry experience to further develop your international logistics career within a company that will support and enable your career development then please read on…
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all import and export shipments are being processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Administration including but not limited to entering orders, updating systems and placing freight bookings
- Ensure relevant documentation is processed accurately and within required timeframes
- Arrange coastal and international transhipments
- Maintain a high level of customer service in all dealing with clients
- Ensure all email and telephone enquiries are actioned within acceptable timeframes
- Invoicing inbound & outbound charges
- Reporting & Administration
If you possess a combination of the following attributes, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 12 months experience in a shipping company, in an import and/or export operations role
- Experience in job registrations, handling bookings and invoicing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- A passion for Shipping is a must!
How can you stand out?
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Thorough understanding of Liner Shipping processes
- Understanding of Trade Single Window and Port Connect
- Permanent, full time opportunity with an essential service provider
- Professional Development & Training
- Internal Opportunities within the SEAWAY Group
- Friendly and inclusive work environment
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to supply 100 Points of ID.
No Agencies please.