This is a challenging and varied position that requires a proactive and assertive leader with a proven ability to perform in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
In addition to our minimum success criteria, we will be looking for candidates with a strong corporate background, ideally in the supply chain or related industry.
Based out of our Southbank office this role will require interstate travel as well as some travel to our other Victorian locations.
Basic responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provision of general corporate, commercial and employment legal advice
- Contract review, preparation and negotiations
- Regular reporting of legal matters to the board
- Claims consideration
- Management of external legal services in relation to Maritime, Acquisitions, Litigation and miscellaneous matters
- Analysis and preparation of legal documents
- Management of the Group insurance program
- Review of company policies
- Provision of advice to directors and management
- Identification of gaps in process and procedures and provision of recommendations for continuous improvement.
Minimum Success Criteria:
We are seeking high-quality candidates that have demonstrated success in a similar position. Other criteria to be successful in this role will be:
- Australian legal qualifications and practicing certificate
- 10 years PQE
- Strong commercial and corporate legal skill-set
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proven experience in contract negotiation and drafting
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of the shipping and/or freight forwarding industry will be advantageous but is not essential
- An ability to travel interstate, sometimes at short notice.
How to Apply
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to email@example.com
Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Please note as part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to participate in a 100-point ID and police check.
* The Seaway Group of Companies is committed to providing a safe workplace for all team members and as such, it is a requirement that all Seaway staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical exemption certificate can be provided.