SEAWAY is looking for a strong Operations Manager with demonstrative experience in Sea and Air Imports to be responsible for the management of our National Imports Operations team. This is a challenging and rewarding position that will suit a proactive and assertive individual with extensive Import Operations experience, strong commercial knowledge and sound hands-on experience in Supply Chain or a related industry.
- Excellent career opportunity for a strong commercially minded, Logistics Operations Manager
- Flexible location (Melbourne Airport, Port Botany or Brisbane Airport) dependent on successful candidate
- Competitive salary package
Utilising your experience in all aspects of managing an operationally focused team, you will be required to develop, manage and be responsible for the overall success of our Import operations.
Reporting to the Head of Sea & Air Imports, we are seeking candidates who can demonstrate strong leadership & management skills as well a comprehensive understanding of effectual operational processes and cultivating long-term client relationships.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidate.
Basic responsibilities of this role will include:
- Own and deliver against department KPIs
- Overall responsibility for the success of our Import Operations including staff retention and development for team of approximately 15 staff
- Develop and implement operational efficiencies in line with business unit strategic plan and objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Reporting and administration
- Continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an import operations management role within the supply chain industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-motivate
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Knowledge of CargoWise will be advantageous but not essential
- Degree level qualification in International Trade or Supply Chain subjects will be well regarded.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to participate in a police check.
No Agencies please.