We are currently looking for a National OHS Manager to lead the delivery, implementation and management of all OHS strategies and initiatives across our business on a national basis. This role will suit a highly capable and assertive individual with appropriate qualifications, strong OHS knowledge/experience and a good understanding of the Supply Chain or related industry.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources this role will work closely with all stakeholders to continue to develop SEAWAY’s OHS strategies in line with our current legislation to build a strong Safety Culture. The role will take ownership of the OHS strategies on a national basis and ensure compliance and consistency across each of our sites.
- Develop, implement and drive OHS initiatives
- Responsibility for OHS risk management and mitigation
- Educate the business on OHS legislation and best practice
- Identify staff training needs and conduct training as appropriate
- Audits and audit reporting
- Chain of Responsibility strategies and training
- Investigations as required and accurate, thorough record keeping
- Retain relevant accreditations
- Regular reporting
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- 5+ years in a similar position
- Experience in managing the OHS needs of a national business with multiple sites
- A strong understanding of federal and state legislation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications essential
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Please note as part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to participate in a police check.
Please, no agencies.