SEAWAY are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join our Agencies team! Due to growth within our Agencies Division, we are seeking an Operations & Container Control Administrator to join the team.
Conveniently located among the heart of Auckland CBD, this position provides an exciting and challenging role that will involve managing the equipment of our Principal, TS Lines Ltd, where you will find yourself closely and effectively planning & coordinating vessel husbandry operations in New Zealand whilst covering a variety of key functions.
Our ideal candidate will best suit strong communicators and self starters who can meet strict deadlines and multitask effectively. This is a full-time, entry level position, where no two days are ever the same and you will be challenged regularly! This role is designed to create a platform for an enthusiastic individual to grow with the industry, full training will be provided.
Some key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Work closely with our Principal, TS Lines, to manage their equipment and make necessary arrangements
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- Monitor and track status of containers and equipment using relevant Systems and in line with our Principal’s requirements
- Responsible for general tasks including, but not limited to, reconciliation of disbursements, customers’ schedules.
- Ensure all required systems are up to date and contain accurate, relevant information
- Ad hoc administration
- Regularly prepare reports as requested
- Prepare, distribute and authorise invoices
If you possess a combination of the following attributes, please apply today!
- At least 6 months’ industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Customer service experience in any industry
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify errors when inputting and reviewing data
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and systematically
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to work within deadlines
- Demonstrated experience using Cargowise
- Understanding of Trade Single Window and Port Connect
- Permanent opportunity with an essential service provider
- Professional Development & Training
- Company phone and laptop for the duration of your employment
- Internal Opportunities within the SEAWAY Group
- Friendly and inclusive work environment
This role is a permanent, full-time opportunity with standard office hours, Monday to Friday.
How to Apply
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Seaway Group of Companies is committed to providing a safe workplace for all team members and as such, it is a requirement that all Seaway staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical exemption. In line with this, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of at least your first COVID-19 vaccination.
Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. If you do not hear from us within this time, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to supply 100 Points of ID.
No Agencies please.