The Seaway Group of Companies is an Australian owned Shipping Agency and Logistics Company. We have a large warehouse & distribution facility in Altona North that manages a fleet of 20-25 trucks with a new vacancy in our Transport team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Coordinator looking for their next challenge. Ideally you will have at least 1-2 years’ experience in transport operations or administration and have excellent skills in problem-solving and meeting tight deadlines.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for performing all functions related to the transport and dispatch of cargo, and to ensure that all deliveries are coordinated effectively and efficiently, so a confident communicator with exception eye for detail is a must!
Working closely with our Transport Manager and Fleet Controllers, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining communication with relevant stakeholders throughout the various stages of the transport process
- Placing and monitoring bookings in a timely manner
- Arranging documentation and appropriate transportation
- Liaising directly with transport companies and warehouses to ensure speedy turnaround
- Invoicing & maintaining accurate paperwork for all cargo movements
- Maintaining our high level of customer service at all times
- Plan and negotiate suitable pickup and delivery time frames with customers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 1-2 years in a transport coordinator or similar role
- Experience using CargoWise and understanding of its basic operational concepts
- Valid drivers license
- Basic knowledge of all MS office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience in any industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable and organised
- Wharf transport knowledge will be highly regarded
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
- Australian owned Shipping Agency & Logistics company
- Professional Development & Training
- Internal Opportunities within the SEAWAY Group
- Regular Team Barbeques and Morning Teas
- Friendly and inclusive work environment
- Free onsite parking
How to Apply
All applications must include a resume and cover letter and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. If you do not hear from us within this time, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which may include a pre-employment medical, drug screen and police check.
Only Australian/NZ citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this role.
No Agencies please.